The digital switchover has finally started across Yorkshire this week (so I've been told). This see the Emley Moor mast which can be seen from our front window switch its signals from analogue to digital.
Did tha know:
- The first mast collapsed in 1969 and the one we see today was built in 1971
- It's the tallest freestanding structure in the UK (330.4 metres high)
- It's 25th tallest tower in the world
- The tower is a Garde II listed building
- Today the mast serves around four million people